Carrot & Pesto
Sometimes simplicity is best. These sweet, tender carrots are topped with fresh garlic basil pesto.
- food processor
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and ends cut off
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Trim carrot tops and peel.Toss carrots in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are golden brown and tender, 25–30 minutes. Let cool. Pulse garlic and nuts in a food processor until a paste forms. Add basil, Parmesan, lemon, and process until fully incorporated. Add olive oil and pulse until combined.Serve carrots with pesto.