Feta & Kale Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms make an easy and delicious snack for any party. They are the ultimate appetizer. These juicy mushrooms are stuffed with kale, feta, and parmesan baked until golden and melty.
- 1 1/2 pounds large mushrooms (large baby bells or small portabellas.)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped fine
- 1 pound fresh baby kale or spinach, chopped (about 8 cups or use a 1-pound package)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Remove stems from the mushrooms and chop. Wash kale or spinach, pat dry; chop, and set aside in a medium bowl. Chop onion and garlic; add to greens.Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan with a lid. Sauté onions and mushroom stems. When onions and mushrooms are soft, stir in oregano, chopped greens, and garlic.Continue to cook and stir until greens are wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated. Salt to taste and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cheeses, mushroom mix, and stir until combined.Using a pastry brush, gently brush mushroom caps all over with remaining olive oil. Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, on a large non-stick baking sheet.Divide mixture among mushroom caps, overfilling slightly.Bake mushrooms in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Serve mushrooms warm.