Colby & Monterey Jack Stuffed Mushrooms
These tender stuffed mushroom caps are filled to the brim with cornbread stuffing, garlic, fresh basil, cheddar, and Parmesan.
- 24 2 inch wide cremini or white button mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted and divided) half for brushing cap and half in bread mix.
- 1/2 cup cornbread stuffing
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced or 1 teaspoon dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, chopped into small cubes (size of stuffing cubes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Wash mushrooms, remove stems, and roughly chop stems.Melt butter. Using a pastry brush, gently brush mushroom caps all over with melted butter. Arrange caps stemmed sides up, on a large baking sheet.In a large bowl, mix together mushroom stems and all other ingredients together. Fill mushroom caps with mixture and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake until mushrooms are soft, and the tops are golden for about 20 minutes.