Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Healthy and refreshing flavors combine in this colorful, simple light, and delicious salad.
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 2 6 oz. can water-packed chunk light tuna drained and flaked
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided in half
- 3 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 6 cups salad greens
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, tuna, bell pepper, onion, parsley, capers, basil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Add salad greens; toss to coat.Divide the greens between 4 plates. Top each with the tuna salad.