Easy Cornbread & Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.In a medium bowl mix together butter, milk, and eggs.Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.Do not overmix; it's okay if there are a few lumps.Transfer batter to your prepared pan.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is set and golden. Cool the cornbread for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan, then cut into squares and serve warm.
Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 2 tablespoons honey1/2 cup butter, softened1/4 cup light brown sugar1 teaspoon ground cinnamonINSTRUCTIONSFully combine topping ingredients with a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate until later. Stir again before topping cornbread.