Goulash with Bread Cheese Topping
What is bread cheese? Bread cheese is also known in the United States as Finnish squeaky cheese, due to the sound it makes when bitten into. Its name comes from its gorgeous, slightly charred crust that looks an awful lot like a piece of bread. Bread cheese has a soft, buttery texture and mild flavor.it is a perfect and unique topping to this hearty goulash.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 14.5 ounces can petite diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 15 ounces can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounce package bread cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook macaroni according to the box directions. Drain. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add ground beef and onions to the pan. Break beef apart, cooking for 6-7 minutes until browned. Drain any fat.Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in Worchestershire sauce, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Mix in cooked macaroni. Transfer to casserole dish you can place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Bread Cheese Topping Instructions
- Remove the packaging from cold bread cheese and cut it into pieces.Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, grease with the olive oil. Pan-fry the cheese pieces on all sides until the outside is nicely crispened and the inside is soft.Top goulash with bread cheese and serve.