Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
These easy Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes are done in less than 30 minutes. They have a zesty BBQ flavor and are combined with tender pepper and onions, and gooey melted Provolone cheese!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons bbq sauce (I used Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped small (optional)
- 8 provolone cheese slices
- 6 artisan hamburger buns
- salt and pepper taste
- Brown ground beef to a large skillet.Drain and set aside.Melt butter in the same pan and cook onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms until tender and the onions are translucent.Add the beef back into the pan.Add 1 cup beef broth and cornstarch together.Add the bbq sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above the liquid), about 3 to 5 minutes.Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.Serve on toasted artisan bread buns.