Basil Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Flavored with Parmesan, cheddar, and fresh basil. These fluffy and tender biscuits are simple to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided (3/4 teaspoon in batter and 1/4 teaspoon for topping)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, divided (1/2 cup melted for the batter and 1/4 cup melted for topping)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced and divided (1/2 tablespoon for the batter and 1/2 tablespoon for topping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.Microwave 1/2 cup of butter for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Set aside.In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until well combined. Add melted butter and milk and whisk just until flour is all wet, do not over mix.Add cheese and fold in with a spoon.Drop heaping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter in a small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon basil. Stir with a pastry brush.Remove biscuits from the oven, brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!