Looking for more pureed soup recipes? These Roasted Red Pepper & Carrot Soup and Roasted Tomato Basil are great choices.
Slow-Cooker Asparagus, Potato & Leek Soup
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, hard ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 leaks, chopped white and light green parts
- 3 cups russet potatoes (peeled and cubed, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse asparagus spears; cut into 1-inch lengths. add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook LOW for 5 to 7 hours, until the potatoes are tender.Increase temperature setting to high. With a blender or food processor, puree the vegetable solids in batches, with a little of the cooking liquid, until somewhat smooth.Return to the liquid remaining in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer. Serve garnished with a few cooked asparagus tips or fresh basil.