Steak Street Tacos with Pico de Gallo
These carne asada tacos are made of marinated steak, topped with a homemade pico de gallo salsa. Kid-friendly pico de gallo made with Roma tomatoes and sweet red bell peppers.
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
Pico de Gallo
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch cumin or more if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
For the steak tacos
- In a medium bowl, combined soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, and oregano. Cut steak into 1/2 inch pieces and place at the bottom of a large Ziploc bag. Pour mixture over and evenly combined. Seal bag and marinate for 1 to 4 hours.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned, and marinade has reduced. Approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
For the Pico de Gallo
- Stir all Pico de Gallo ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.