Artisan Beer Bread
- Cast iron or oven-proof pot
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup warm beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, and salt. Add in the water and beer and mix until the dough comes away from the sides.Generously grease the pot and add a dough ball to the middle of the pot. Cover the pot with a lid and place somewhere warm to rise. Let rise for 8 – 10 hours.preheat oven to 425° F.Remove lid and carefully place the pot on the highest rack possible. Move the pot carefully so that the air bubbles don’t pop. Cook for 15 minutes.Remove from oven and generously coat the top of the bread with olive oil using a pastry brush.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes additional or until golden. If you oiled the pot well, the bread should easily move. Gently run a rubber spatula around the crust, loosening the bread until bread easily slides around. If the bread is stuck, add small amounts of olive oil around problem areas with a pastry brush. cool on a rack for 10 minutes.