Slow-Cooker Broccoli & Cheese Soup
This hearty Slow-Cooker Broccoli & Cheese Soup is simple, delicious, loaded with mouthwatering flavors!
- Slow cooker
- Immersion blender or food processor
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups mild or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you want a thicker soup, mix in 1 or 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
- Add the broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, broth, mustard, salt, and pepper to a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the broccoli are very tender.Use an immersion blender or food processor. Blend the soup until smooth consistency. Carefully transfer the soup to your blender in batches and blend. Be careful while blending the hot soup. Return to slow cooker, add cream and cheese to soup, stir. Cook for an additional 1 hour on low. Stir and serve immediately.Top with:additional cheesecrumbled bacon bread or homemade croutonsThis soup freezes very well for future use. After soup cools, pour into high-quality food bags, lay flat to freeze.