Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is loaded with potatoes, ground beef, cheese, and bacon! Easy Kid-friendly dinner ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or 4 ounces real cooked bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled, diced, and rinsed well
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Packaged real bacon pieces can be used as a substitution for pan-fried bacon if desired. In a large dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy, drain, and set aside. In the same pot, brown ground beef over medium-high heat breaking it up with a wooden spoon.Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain, and transfer to a separate bowl. Set aside. In the same pot add onion, cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-minute stirring often.Sprinkle flour, oregano, parsley over onions, and garlic. Cook for 1-minute stirring often. Add butter, gradually whisk in broth and milk starting and making sure there are no clumps of flour.Add potatoes, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft and tender. Stir occasionally. After the potatoes are fully cooked, stir in cheese and allow it to melt. Top additional with additional cheese and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.