This Homemade restaurant-style salsa is easy to make and tastes just like it's from your favorite restaurant! Perfect for dipping chips into or topping your favorite Mexican entree.
- food processor
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (vine-ripe, Roma, or heirloom), cored and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1-second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped.Refrigerate salsa for at least 3 hours prior to serving so the flavors are allowed to meld together. Serve with tortilla chips.Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.