Slow-Cooker Taco Chili
Slow Cooker Taco Chili is easy, soul-warming, and delicious. All the things you love about tacos, in chili form!
- Slow cooker
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup white rice – if you would rather add the rice in the beginning, use brown or wild rice instead.
- 28 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 1/2 – 2 packets taco seasoning (I used Taco Bell)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 4 ounce can fire-roasted peppers, diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- Spray a large skillet with olive or canola oil. Add in the ground beef, onion, and garlic and cook over medium heat.Use a wooden spatula to break up the beef and cook until browned and no longer pink.Drain the fat from the pan and add in taco seasoning, stir to combine, and then transfer the beef/onion mixture to your slow cooker.Add in beans, bay leaves, chiles, corn, tomatoes, broth, rice. Stir to incorporate all of the ingredients.Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 5- 6 hours.Serve in bowls topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, pepper pico, black olives, green onions, or corn chips.