Slow-Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Easy kId-friendly slow cooker dinner!
- Slow cooker
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce (I used Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy)
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 2.5 ounce package real bacon pieces or 5 pieces of bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 6 large buns
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef, drain and add to the slow-cooker. In the same pan, cook the onion for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minute. Add mixture to slow cooker along with all other ingredients except cheese and bacon.Cook on LOW for 4 – 5 hours or on HIGH 2 – 3 hours. Stir. The mixture should be slightly thick, but not watery. If the mixture is too thin, remove 1 cup and stir in 1 tablespoon of corn starch. Be sure to break up all the lumps. Return to the slow-cooker and stir. Add cheese to sloppy joes and stir. Cook for 30 minutes on low. Top with bacon pieces and serve on buns.*NOTE – If you don’t have corn starch, you can use additional tomato paste until the desired consistency is reached.