Slow-Cooker Dill Pickle Chicken & Veggies
Pickle lovers rejoice! This Dill Pickle Chicken & Veggies has a new favorite simple dish! Made with similar ingredients to the Mississippi chicken, it packs a delightful dill flavor and makes tender meat!
- Slow cooker
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 6 whole dill pickles
- 2 cups red or white baby potatoes
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- dried or fresh dill
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with a layer of carrots and potatoes. Press down. Sprinkle both packets of gravy mix and ranch dressing mix on top of the chicken.Pour pickle juice, top with a stick of butter, and pickles.Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours. When it’s ready, use a couple of forks and shred the chicken. Stir. The gravy will be thin. Do the following if you want a thicker gravy. Remove potatoes and carrots.Remove one cup of gravy and combine with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. stir until fully combine. Add the “corn starch slurry” to the 1 cup gravy and stir well. Break down all clumps and return to the slow cooker. Stir well and enjoy!