Slow-Cooker Dill Pickle Chicken & Veggies
Pickle lovers rejoice! This Dill Pickle Chicken & Veggies has a new favorite simple dish! Made with similar ingredients to the Mississippi chicken, it packs a delightful dill flavor and makes tender meat!
- Slow cooker
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 6 whole dill pickles
- 2 cups red or white baby potatoes
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh dill (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with a layer of carrots and potatoes. Press down. Sprinkle both packets of gravy mix and ranch dressing mix on top of the chicken.Pour pickle juice, top with butter, and pickles.Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours. When it’s ready, use a couple of forks and shred the chicken. Stir. The gravy will be thin. Do the following if you want a thicker gravy. Remove potatoes and carrots.Remove one cup of gravy and combine with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Stir until fully combined. Add the “corn starch slurry” to the 1 cup gravy and stir well. Break down all clumps and return to the slow cooker. Stir well and enjoy!